Pathfinder PTSA Mission
Pathfinder PTSA serves the Pathfinder K-8 school community as a powerful voice for all children, a meaningful resource for families, and as a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child inside and outside the classroom.
- ACADEMICS: Students are best served when staff has ample resources to create a curriculum that is responsive to student academic needs, interests and social-emotional development. A dynamic art, language, music and physical education program is essential to the K-8 learning experience. Expeditionary learning deepens understanding of the standard curriculum.
- ADVOCACY: We must be strong advocates for public education, serving as a powerful voice for parents and students. At the school, the school district or the state and national legislative arena, we will support policies and funding that equitably and fully cover public education.
- COMMUNITY: Pathfinder and the greater West Seattle community are strengthened and deeper learning is fostered when parents and community members are actively welcomed and involved in the academic, social, emotional, creative, and physical development of each child.
- EQUITY: We value and embrace the uniqueness of all individuals and respect that each contributes a diversity of views, experiences, skills, abilities, traditions, values and preferences. With equity at the core of our values, we commit to and hold ourselves and our members accountable for the centralization of equity work to all of our endeavors, partnerships and collaborations.
- INCLUSION: Inclusive opportunities for students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds cultivate acceptance, compassion, and the development of healthy and diverse relationships.
- OUTDOOR LEARNING: It is imperative that youth today grow up as environmental stewards of tomorrow and that we foster this development through the active support of outdoor, hands-on learning experiences.