Kelly Riggle-Hower was the recipient of this year’s Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way award.
Thanks to you, last Saturday’s Pathfinder PTSA Auction was our most successful yet! We grossed a record-setting $97,400 during the evening, which, after expenses, will provide more than $70,000 for PTSA-funded programs like our garden, tutors, specialists, community events and teacher funds.
The success of the auction reflects the generosity and commitment of the Pathfinder community and beyond, the dedication of our staff, the hard work of many volunteers, and the shared goal to raise inquisitive and caring children. Each of these must be in balance to pull of a night like this.
Fund-a-Need: The Future of Pathfinder’s Expeditions
A perfect example is this year’s Fund-a-Need. The paddle raise portion of the auction targeted the heart and soul of what makes learning at Pathfinder unique—our Expeditions. And during the Fund-a-Need, the Pathfinder community invested in its future by donating an astounding $14,000. Thank you so much!
Thank You 97,400 Times Over
When you start counting up all the people to thank, reaches into the hundreds! So THANK YOU to everyone who made the night a smashing success, including, but not limited to:
- Our auction donors: Thanks to dozens of businesses and individuals, we auctioned off more than 170 items in the silent and live parts of the night.
- The kids, staff and volunteers that made class art happen: The art was beautiful this year, and the results speak to how awesome it was, as it raised $14,600.
- Pathfinder’s wonderful and supportive staff: For making it your mission to inspire our children and supporting the PTSA.
- David & Lisa: For their always wildly entertaining, over-the-top performances at the auction, and for single-handedly raising more than $7,000 in drinks and live auction items. Their personal and professional commitments to Pathfinder’s PTSA are so valued and important.
- All of the auction participants this year: Wow, just Wow! $97,400?!! Thank you for stepping it up big time! As a school, Pathfinder is facing budget cuts next year, and these dollars will help plug some of the holes.
- Our many, many auction volunteers: This event couldn’t be pulled off without many, many people who worked tirelessly to attend to all of the myriad details (Until you’re in the thick of auction planning, you cannot imagine the details!!). This was truly a team effort, but we must single out Auction Chair Holly Rikhof for her extraordinary leadership and vision. Thank you!
Special thanks to the 2019 auction volunteers!
Group Events Still Available for Sale
Group Events are just getting underway, and there are still events that have space. Kid events include the middle school pool party, Capture the Flag, a sensory-friendly Pacific Science Center trip, Pops and Ponytails, and a kids’ cooking class. Adult events include wine tasting, golfing, and planning summer hikes. Click here to sign up today!
Will Your Workplace Match Your Donation?
If you donated to this year’s Fund-a-Need, your donation is tax deductible and could be eligible for a company match from your workplace. Learn more about this from your HR department and from our Matching Gift Information page. Please contact the PTSA treasurer, Jennifer Girou, with questions at email@example.com.
Donating to Another School
We are aware of how fortunate Pathfinder is to have a community that can raise so much on a single night and how there is a marked imbalance among West Seattle schools. Last year we passed along some specially-earmarked Fund-a-Need donations to Concord International School in South Park. This spring, we are planning to do a Dine-Out night for another school.
What we really need to do is develop a thoughtful and sustainable approach to giving to other schools. Is this something that you are passionate about? If so, please contact Pathfinder PTSA President Susan Elderkin at firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of March 2019, to be a part of a small team that can help create a future plan. Thank you!!