Please join the Pathfinder PTSA at a BeSmart Gun Safety presentation on Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30pm in the Pathfinder library.
Led by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the BeSmart campaign focuses on the importance of conversation, responsible gun storage and community awareness. The local BeSmart coordinator is none other than Freddie Campbell, a Pathfinder parent. And Tuesday’s presentation will be led by Pathfinder’s own Heidi Jaye.
The presentation and discussion should take about an hour. Because of the sensitive topic, we ask that no children attend.
Moms Demand Action encourages parents and all adults to “Be SMART” and take these simple steps to help prevent shootings by children:
- Secure all guns in your home and vehicles
- Model responsible behavior around guns
- Ask about the presence of unsecured guns in other homes
- Recognize the signs of suicide and depression
- Tell your peers to be SMART
We look forward to your participation in this important topic!