Next school year the Pathfinder PTSA is planning new family fun events, more parent education and better communications with families. And to make this all happen, we need YOU!
We are currently seeking volunteers for a number of PTSA board positions and events. They range in scope, focus area, and time commitment, so you really can find something that fits your schedule and interests. If you are ready to take the next step and help us launch some exciting new initiatives, please email PTSA President Susan Elderkin at email@example.com. She can send you additional information and talk with you about each of these positions and events.
Open PTSA Board Positions:
- Co-Treasurer: Do you have accounting, budget or other financial experience? We have one returning Treasurer, but need a second to share the duties. This is an elected Executive Board position.
- Vice President Communications & Fundraising: This is one of two new VP positions on the Executive Board, and one that we expect will help us communicate better with you next year. This VP will allow us to develop and manage communications and fundraising plans that will meet the PTSA’s goals and budget.
- Vice President Events & Education: This VP position will help us create and carry out our new events and family education work next year. They will work closely with the chairs of each program and develop a plan to better connect families with each other, the school and important resources.
- Secretary: This position is a great way to get involved at Pathfinder and perfect for a newer parent. The Secretary position is mandatory for all non-profits and is an elected member of the Executive Committee – so we have to have one. Is it you?
- After School Program Coordinator: Do you value the after-school classes and want to see this kid-centered enrichment program thrive? Consider taking on this critical role next year, as we MUST have a coordinator to have the program. Maureen Clark in the front office can tell you all about it!
- Community Events Chair: We’ve heard from you that you would love the PTSA to host more family fun events, and we’ve put together a schedule of new and improved events every month or two, starting with a revamped Back-to-School event. And you don’t have to do them all! This position helps with the development, recruitment, and oversight of the events.
- Communications Chair: We know we can communicate better with families, especially people who are new to Pathfinder. The Chair will lead a team that will help the PTSA with communicating streamlined, transparent, accurate and welcoming information to the Pathfinder community, utilizing a variety of communications tools.
- Family Education Chair: This is a new position that will revolve around providing information and scheduling speakers on a number of issues that impact our kids and families. It is a perfect position for a working parent.
- Race & Equity Liaison: The school has developed a Race & Equity Team, and we are looking for a parent volunteer to sit on both the school team and the PTSA board, acting as a liaison between the two and helping to bring forth new initiatives and activities that will make Pathfinder a more inclusive and welcoming school.
- Hospitality Chair: Put smiles on people’s faces, from the staff to new Pathfinder families. Manage the PTSA volunteer list, lead a new Pathfinder 101 night in September, oversee Staff Appreciation Week and help PTSA events with volunteers and treats.
- Membership Chair: Help promote PTSA membership and manage our database of members. It has the highest profile in the fall, where we will have tables at our events, and then it is mostly behind the scenes management.
We Need a Lead for These Fall 2019 Events:
- Direct Give Lead: This is a very straight-forward fundraiser that brings in $25,000 – $30,000 over 2½ weeks in October. It comes with an excellent template, guidance from past leads, and needs less than a month of solid attention… then you’re done! No past fundraising experience necessary.
- Revamped Back-to-School Event Lead: We’d like to freshen up Pathfinder’s Back-to-School event and try something new. Do you have ideas and would like to help lead this annual tradition?
It takes a village to make the magic happen, and as you can see from this list of needs, we absolutely and totally welcome and encourage new folks to join the Pathfinder PTSA Board or help lead our events. You are the future of our school. Please contact Pathfinder President Susan Elderkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any additional information. We have job descriptions for all of these positions that spell out the duties more fully. THANK YOU!!!